To improve my craft (and because I absolutely love books) I’ve been making a huge effort to read a lot this year. If I have free time, I pick up a book. If I’m doing chores or driving by myself in the car, I listen to audiobooks.
And through all that reading I found some books that I absolutely loved. Below is a list of all of my favorite books I read from January to June this year. I recommend any and all of them.
As a side note: I did not buy all of these books. 100% of these books are available at my local library due to my persistent acquisition requests and their awesomeness. So if you are a person on a budget for books (like me!), make sure you’re utilizing your local library to help you read (and support!) amazing books and authors.
Without further ado, here are my favorite books I read in the first half of 2018! All titles are links to the Goodreads descriptions, so be sure to check them out in more detail!
- AMERICAN PANDA by Gloria Chao (YA Contemporary Romance)
- ALWAYS NEVER YOURS by Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka (YA Contemporary Romance)
- FOOLISH HEARTS by Emma Mills (YA Contemporary Romance)
- YOU’LL MISS ME WHEN I’M GONEby Rachel Lynn Solomon (YA Contemporary)
- THE SCORPIO RACES by Maggie Stiefvater (YA Fantasy)
- NOTHING LEFT TO BURN by Heather Ezell (YA Contemporary)
- THE SEVEN HUSBANDS OF EVELYN HUGO by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Adult Contemporary)
- THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWNby Holly Black (YA Paranormal Fantasy)
- THE PRINCESS SAVES HERSELF IN THIS ONE by Amanda Lovelace (Poetry)
- ROMAN CRAZY by Alice Clayton and Nina Bocci (Adult Contemporary Romance)
- I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOVEby Maurene Goo (YA Contemporary Romance)
- A PRINCESS IN THEORY by Alyssa Cole (Adult Contemporary Romance)
- BRIGHTLY BURNING by Alexa Donne (YA Sci-Fi)
- LOVE, HATE & OTHER FILTERS by Samira Ahmed (YA Contemporary)
- PEOPLE LIKE US by Dana Mele (YA Thriller)
- THE HAZEL WOOD by Melissa Albert (YA Contemporary Fantasy)
- VICIOUS by V.E. Schwab (Adult Science-Fantasy)
- THE WICKED DEEP by Shea Ernshaw (YA Paranormal Fantasy)
- EVERLESS by Sara Holland (YA Fantasy)
- THE UPSIDE OF UNREQUITED by Becky Albertalli (YA Contemporary Romance)
- AND I DARKEN and NOW I RISE by Kiersten White (YA Historical Fantasy)
- THIS MORTAL COIL by Emily Suvada (YA Sci-Fi)
- WANT by Cindy Pon (YA Sci-Fi)
- THE MIDNIGHTS by Sarah Nicole Smetana (YA Contemporary)
Again, I highly suggest them all! Sorry not sorry that your TBR pile just got bigger 😁